Saturday, September 16, 2006

Pictures at last...


.












Finally, I will be able to post my pictures. Steven taught me how to do it but then we had the problem with the modem and I was never able to try it, it took a couple of trial runs but I have finally mastered it.
This is my Mom and my brother Steven on the deck of the Carnival Glory. We had so much fun and I am finally going to get to share some of the pictures.
















This is one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip. My Dad, who doesn't smoke, and Steven (who also doesn't smoke) went and bought 3 cigars for them to smoke on deck as we were pulling out of port.


In Costa Maya it is too shallow for the ship to dock in the port so they send out "taxis" to get you. This is how we got to the beach, you can see our ship in the background.

Rusty stepped on this in the water. Isn't that the most incredible shell you have ever seen not being sold in a store? He really wanted to bring it home but we didn't think the conk would be really happy being evicted from his house so back into the water he went.

Me and Rusty in front of one of the Myan pyramids. If you ever get the chance to see these, go, run as fast as you can, they are incredible.

One of the mexican military check points we had to go through, that was kind of freaky.


Ok, now we are in May.

Ashleigh and prom. Sorry I didn't flip the picture around, hey I'm new at this picture stuff.


Ashleigh and her friends, the next Charlie's Angels.

Ashleigh, Brooke and Kelsey.

June


Blake's 2nd grade awards ceremony. He received reading and math awards and was awarded the class clown award. I was a little concerned about the class clown thing but his teacher said that was a good thing that he always made her laugh and he always has a smile on his face.


Blake climbing the rock wall. He didn't make it all the way to the top but he made a good try of it.

July 4th

Ashleigh, her friend Devin and the newest addition to the Gibson family, Mason. He was born in March, isn't he cute?



My nephew Brett and his girlfriend at our family's 4th of July party.

Mom and Dad, aren't they cute?


Steven having a good time at the party
.
Rusty (on the left) and his best friend Dan.

Wayne and Ashleigh at my Dad's birthday party. Thank God Wayne finally got his hair cut. Before my Mawmaw passed away she told him to get a hair cut. When she died he did and then was one of her pallbearers.

This is my Pawpaw with all of his grandchildren and great grandchildren minus 1 who is pregnant. We have the oldest (yours truly) down to little Peyton.

Sorry, another sideways picture. This is Blake on his 8th birthday.

Mom

Steven, doesn't he look happy?

Dad

Brett

Wayne, another happy camper, do you think it's the hat?

As you can see, when you come to our house everyone is required to wear the happy birthday hat. Even our dog Abby wears one. She doesn't look as unhappy about it as some of the party goers.

The second celebration of Dad's birthday.

Rusty in his annual picture of him with his new set of Redskins season tickets. Go skins.

The first day of school. Sorry they are sideways, I promise I will get better at this.







Well, there you have it a recap of our lives for the last couple months. Thank you for the prayers and thoughts.
It has been a happy, sad, exciting and disappointing time for our family but together we pulled through it.
Have a great night.
Bridget

3 comments:

melissa said...

Love the pictures!!! It's nice to finally be able to put a face with those kids!! Does anyone else say that Blake looks like Steven? That first day of school pic looks so much like the Steven that I remember......not the cigar-smoking one ! (LOL!) I can't beleive that you did the prom-thing this year.....How old are we?? Ashleigh's dress was gorgeous.
I am jealous of you guys with the cruise. It looks like a blast! I haven't been online much, so I am totally out of the swing in blogdom.

Thom said...

Yay! for you for learning to post pics!!

I love the Charlie's Angels shot,but the boys with their cigars is definitely my favorite!!

The cruise looks like so much fun! I've got to do that one of these days.

Thanks for sharing all of the great family memories with us!!!

Emily said...

YES!!! Blake looks JUST like Steven!
And your mom & dad look just like I remember them (minus the old car pool van :) ).

Love the pictures! Keep 'em coming!