Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wednesday

Well, Ashleigh and Rusty had a great time at the basketball game. The Vols won and Ashleigh got to see her idol, Pat Summit, the Lady Vols coach. After they got to Smith Arena they were standing in the hall and Pat Summit walked right past them with 2 of the players. Ashleigh thought she had died and gone to heaven. After the game was over they went to where the players go off the court and Ashleigh got a bunch of autographs of the players along with a lot of pictures. She was so excited. They are on their way home now, Rusty let Ashleigh drive so lets everyone pray for a safe trip home. Ashleigh is a really good driver, she's had a great teacher, my Dad, but driving in the city is a completely different experience after driving around our small town. My Dad let her drive to Dulles airport, in the dark, in the rain, so I think they will be fine. They took the metro from Vienna to the arena.
Steven came over tonight and I made chicken Alfredo. After dinner we sat down and played video games with the kids. As I have said before I am an addict. Before Steven came over Wayne made brownies and oh were they good. All 3 of my kids like to cook.
Well, I guess I am going to head to bed, have a great evening.
Bridget

2 comments:

Thom said...

How cool for Ashley that she got to see her idol!How fun!

I think it's great that you guys are lettng her do some "city" driving. That's great experience for a young driver!

And PLEASE stop posting about FOOD!--chicken alfredo and brownies,mmmmmmm!! Dieting over here!!LOL! :0)

melissa said...

Hey girl,
I have to catch up on your blog. I will have to get you back on my sidebar whenever I get to that again!

I have to email you to tell you about the blast from our past that my mom ran into this morning.

Glad that your family is enjoying the holidays. Sounds like things are going well.
Does Ashleigh play basketball for the school?