Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October 8th?

Has it really been that long since I've blogged?! Wow, October 8th, where has the month gone? I will try to finish posting about Steven and Denise's wedding and post the rest of the pictures. It was a beautiful wedding and the weather was absolutely perfect.



My Dad and I went and picked up Rusty from the airport. This was a picture of him right after he got off the plane. He was calling his Mom to let her know he hadn't died and was on the ground again.





My Dad lying on Steven's bed at the beach house. He was working up his energy for the wedding.


Denise, the beautiful bride. Her friend made her dress and it was perfect. They did an autumn theme and her friend put the orange panel in the dress to go along with the wedding colors.

My Dad and Mom both walked Steven down the aisle to give him away. ha ha I've been waiting to give him away for years. Just kidding Steven, just kidding. Actually, I could not have ever asked for a better brother. He has always been there for me. He was the kind of brother who would spend his last penny on me instead of himself. He is always thinking about other people and wanting to help them.


Denise and her Daddy, he was so proud.

I love the bare feet in the sand. Denise in the top picture and Blake in the bottom with his bucket. He carried Denise's wedding ring in it.













One of Denise's favorite things in the world is cupcakes, well next to Steven it's her favorite so they had a cupcake wedding cake. It was so incredibly neat. I had never seen anything like it. To the right is a sandcastle that Denise made of brown sugar and the shells that are on the table are all chocolate. Oh, they were so good.


Steven and Denise's first dance together. It was like they were the only ones in the world. It brought tears to your eyes and just made you burst with happiness that these 2 people had found each other.

Denise and her Dad with my Mom and Steven in the background.

The following are pictures of everyone just having a great time at the reception.







Denise learning to do the Electric slide, she got it down but oh was it funny in the process. Love ya Denise, remember, laughing with you not at you.



Actually, some had more fun than others. Have you ever seen a keg stand? I had never even HEARD of a keg stand. But of course after seeing Steven's friend do one Rusty had to do it. You do a hand stand on the keg and the other idiots, oh sorry "guys" hold your legs up in the air while your other "friend" holds the keg tap in your mouth until you can't take anymore. He broke their record. I am just so proud.

This is Steven's friend showing Rusty how to do it. They aren't supposed to have his legs that high in the air so they had to lower him some. I guess gravity messes with the beer, whatever.


Steven removing the garter.


I loved what Denise did with the bouquet. Instead of throwing it to the single girls, they had the married couples come out on the dance floor and eliminated everyone until they go to the couple that had been married the longest and that was my parents. They will be married 42 years in January. Steven and Denise wanted to celebrate longevity in marriage and love instead of just throwing it to a single girl. I loved that. I told you, there is something incredibly special about them.

Ashleigh and her Uncle Steve. Steven was just 18 when she was born and even as a teenager and a boy at that he always has been really close to her. They have had their rough times but they are getting back to being close again. Love you Steven, you are my favorite brother. Well, you're my only brother but you are still my favorite.

3 comments:

Megan Kelley Hall said...

Thanks for entering the Mabel's House contest to win my debut suspense novel, SISTERS OF MISERY! Even if you don't win, I hope you get a chance to read and enjoy it!

xoxo
Megan Kelley Hall

P.S. Happy Halloween!!

P.P.S. Great wedding pics!

melissa said...

Love the pics!

Congratulations Steven and Denise!

Glad that you're back to bloggin'

Denise should start her own blog as well!

Bridget said...

Melissa that is exactly what I told Denise. She needs a blog especially when they decide to give me a niece or nephew. hint, hint not trying to hurry you two along but I'm not getting any younger. ha ha ha